We appreciate our volunteers so very much! We couldn't do the show without your support!
A production of this size would not be possible without the help and cooperation of our wonderful parents! We very much appreciate all that you do to help make our Nutcracker the amazing show that it is, for all of our dancers and for the community!
2023 Parent Expectation Information
Prior to and during Regular Rehearsals
● Check email and social media regularly for updates and announcements.
● Due to limited space, only ONE parent/guardian is allowed to accompany their dancer to rehearsal.
● Take care of the studio space and clean up after yourself before you leave.
● Parents are required to accompany their dancer for the duration of their scene’s tech rehearsal on Tuesday, Dec 5
Dress Rehearsals (Dec 6-7) and Performances (Dec 8-10)
● Dancers will be dropped off at the backstage doors by the loading dock (west side of the building off of 11th Ave.).
● Parents are only allowed backstage during their volunteer times.
● ALL cast members need to be signed in and out on dress rehearsals and performances, regardless of age.
● Parents (or other designated adults) must sign up for and work 2 time slots per dancer.
● Job Sign-ups will be done via Sign-Up Genius - the link will be sent out via email on October 15.
● Dress Rehearsal Days - ending times are estimates and may be earlier or later due to rehearsal needs
o Wednesday, Dec 6, 6:00pm-10:00pm
o Thursday, Dec 7, 5:30pm-10:00pm
● Performance Days - All dancers stay for the entire performance, ending times are estimates
o Friday and Saturday, Dec 8-9, 6:30pm-10:15pm
o Sunday, Dec 10 1:00pm-5:30pm
2023 Volunteer/Parent Expectations
Soldier and Mice parents must sign up at least once for the backstage adult job.
Parrot, Present, Party Boy/Sister, Angel and Clown parents must sign up for 2 backstage adult slots per dancer-
Please choose 1 backstage time during Performances AND
1 backstage time either during Rehearsals, or a 2nd time during Performances
Parent Volunteer Expectations
Keep track of ALL assigned dancers in your group and make sure they are staying quiet when not on stage; make sure costumes and make-up is on, hair is done, and dancers are where they need to be when called on stage.
Ensure that NO food is consumed in the dressing rooms, nor while in costume. ONLY WATER is allowed in the dressing rooms!!
Please keep hallways clear- minimize trips between dressing rooms and green room.
Please abide by the photo policy.
Arrive at least 15 minutes before full cast call and stay until the last group member is picked up.